Tharens are a race of humanoid hybrid beings from Realm 4. They are a class of hybrids including humans, wraiths/ghouls, and demons. They are so powerful they are considered to be Demi-Gods.
The word "Tharen" comes from the Realm 4 dialect for "angel of destruction." They mainly inhabited Realm 4, a planet not too far away from Earth. They adopted languages such as English, Russian, German, Japanese, Romanian, Spanish, Portuguese, Estonian, and Hungarian.
Tharens demonstrate amazing physical abilities. A testament to their power is the translation of Tharen: "angel of destruction." The strongest Tharen warriors, mainly those of the Templar/Morov family, are given the title "Angel of Death" when they are recognized as the best fighters.
- Superhuman Strength: Tharens possess vast superhuman strength, far greater than that of Earthlings and other alien races. Their levels of individual strength are classified in "rating," with the highest so far being Isaac Morov's rating of "SSS+." Tharens are incredibly strong at young ages, as an infant Simon Morov bit off one of his father's fingers shortly after being born, an extremely traumatic experience.
- Superhuman Durability: Tharens are incredibly durable and hardened, although not indestructible, which includes high levels of resilience to impact force from human and superhuman opponents, with Isaac Morov stating knives are futile to their skin. Tharens are bulletproof to a short extent, as bullets are shown to embed in their skin and rarely slow them down.
- Superhuman Speed: Tharens, while not on par with speedsters, are capable of moving with tremendous levels of superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Agility: Tharens are also incredibly agile despite their massive body masses. They can thus make swift movements in combat to compliment their superhuman strength.
- Superhuman Stamina: Tharens are immensely endurant, which allows them to fight for long periods of time as their muscles produce fewer fatigue toxins compared to other species. Tharens also have two livers (left and right), which allow them to metabolize and filter toxins faster than humans.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Tharens' reflexes are very fast, which allow them to dodge bullets from even machine guns at medium range.
- Superhuman Senses: Tharens, certain individuals such as Isaac Morov, possess hidden eyes and mouths, granting them greater senses of vision and gustation beyond the capabilities of standard sensory systems of other species.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite their amazing resistance to injury, Tharens can be injured and killed. However, Tharens do not take on damage the same way as humans, because their genetic structure can reconstitute itself, granting them superhuman recuperation.
- Longevity: Tharens live incredibly long lifespans compared to humans, the average ranging at approximately 500 years.
- Fang Protrusion: Tharens possess longer, sharper canine teeth than humans.
- Organic Weapon Protrusion: Tharens can protrude their unique organic weapons and limbs, including wings, dermal armor, claws, tentacles and tails. Powerful Tharens, such as Isaac Morov, possess more than one organic weapon.
Tharens have an afterlife as mentioned by Isaac, in which Tharens can appear in a spiritual form, demonstrated by Dieter Templar.
Due to demons also inhabiting Realm 4, Tharens have the potential to make a "deal with the devil," in which Satan grants them hellish powers. Klinge von Morov was the first to do this, and his son Aran von Morov and descendant Isaac would do the same.
In the reboot, Tharens are shown to have the same blood groups as humans.
Tharens are also gifted with unique organs that function as weapons, also known as "" or "Blood Veils."
|/Hound (Wings)||Fakarov Morov|
Victor von Morov
|/Ogre (Shell/Claws)||Isaac Morov|
Victor von Morov
|/Ivy (Tentacles)||Fakarov Morov|
|/Stinger (Tails)||Nikolaus Morov|
Tharens are considered to be Demi-Gods by Isaac Morov due to their power. Tharens have been associated with angels, with "Tharen" being Realm 4 dialect for "Angel of Destruction," and the best warriors of the Templar/Morov family earning the title "Angel of Death." So far, only Eugen von Morov, Isaac Morov and Gideon Morov have held this title.
Tharens also associate themselves with mythology, mainly Egyptian, Greek and Scandinavian Mythology.
- Isaac Morov's birthname, "Ositis Templar IV," is based off of Osiris, a god originally connected with fertility, husband of Isis and father of Horus, the hawk god. He is known chiefly through the story of his death at the hands of his brother Seth and his subsequent restoration to a new life as ruler of the afterlife. Osiris was the chief god of ancient Egypt, the all-seeing eye and the ruler of the underworld.
- Ra Morov, Isaac Morov's brother's first name is based off of Ra, the sun god, the supreme Egyptian deity, worshiped as the creator of all life and typically with a falcon's head bearing the solar disc. From earliest times he was associated with the pharaoh.
- Anubis Morov, Isaac Morov's sister's first name is based off of Anubis, the god of mummification, protector of tombs, typically represented has having the head of a jackal. Anubis was the "Conductor of the Dead," and was depicted as superhumanly fast.
- Odin Templar, the son of Lucia and Erebus Templar (brother of Isaac Morov), is based off of Odin, the supreme god and creator, god of victory and the dead in Scandinavian Mythology.
- Isaac has a brother named Erebus. In Greek Mythology, Erebus is the primeval god of darkness, son of Chaos.
- Isaac Morov nicknamed his Thompson Center Arms Contender marksman pistol the "Rage of Ares." Ares was the Greek war god, son of Zeus and Hera.
- In the reboot, the Tharen werewolf archer Athena, is named from Greek Mythology. Athena is the patron goddess of Athens, worshipped as the goddess of wisdom, handicrafts, and warfare. She is often allegorized into a personification of wisdom.
- "Tharens have Nordic culture, we use the Nordic alphabet."
- —Isaac Morov
Tharens, as they live a very long lifespan, have the ability to fluently speak, read, and understand a multitude of languages aside from their Realm 4 dialect, including English, Russian, German, Romanian, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, Estonian, and Hungarian. Isaac Morov notes that the chief cultural language is Nordic.
As colonizers, conquerors and hunters, Tharens are also fighters, warriors and soldiers. The Realm 4 Military trains Tharens in hand-to-hand combat and firearms. The best warriors of the Templar/Morov bloodline earn the title "Angel of Death."
Melee weapons include swords, scythes, spears, axes, daggers, and tomahawks. The Templar/Morov bloodline especially favors the former three in battle. Tharens are also proficient in wielding hybrid weapons of blades and guns.
Tharen weapons are forged with inspiration from Earth's weapons, including modern armaments, such as Isaac Morov using many firearms or Inspector Ryan using a revolver with a ready magazine.
Tharens are also practitioners of magic. Isaac Morov became a cryomancer, meaning he could manipulate ice and frost, and later practiced dark magic after embracing his wraith-ghoul culture.
Sienna, one of Morov's alternate wives, practiced blood magic to resurrect Morov after he was stabbed by the Sword of the Three Eyes, which turned him into ash.
- Anubis Morov
- Dante Morov
- Eto Morov
- Fakarov Morov
- Gideon Morov/Angel of Death
- Jane Morov
- Luna Morov
- Nikolaus Morov
- Nora Morov
- Sienna Morov
- Simon Morov
- Violetta Morov
- Yomo Morov
- Isaac Novich
- Vladimir Novich
- Yuri Novich
- Peter William Peterson
- Dieter Templar
- Erebus Templar
- Erika Templar
- Hans Templar
- Jacob Templar
- Locke Templar
- Lucas Templar
- Ositis Templar IV/Isaac Morov/Cryomancer/Angel of Death
- Ra Morov
- Eugen von Morov/Angel of Death
- Aran von Morov
- Klinge von Morov
- Victor von Morov